Intern: Design & Web
The internship require 15 to 20 unpaid hours a week. The internship last for one semester or summer and must be taken for college credit. Interns should be able to work independently as position is remote. Candidates must be self-motivated, show initiative, be able to jump right into a project, be able to take direction and accept constructive criticism. If you have these traits you will fit in well and we encourage you to apply.
Internship Projects include:
- Assist in transferring content from past magazines (7+ years) to new online blog This includes content design and SEO basics.
- Assist in redesign of new website for sister company, Girl Plus Book to match Shelfmediagroup.com
- Creation of social media design templates and management of all platforms for each brand.
- Assist in updating sell sheet – print and online versions
- Assist in designing promotional pieces for 2019 book contest
- The intern will also assist in the creation of ads for the next issue.
You should have an interest in web and social media design and working knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Please submit a resume AND a link to portfolio in order to be considered for this position. You must be able to take this internship for college credit. Based on performance, potential to be hired on part-time after internship concludes.